Expected Student Acheivement Outcomes
1. ALL schools will be fully accredited
2. 95% of 3rd graders reading on grade level
3. Each MS student will have explored at least 2 career pathways prior to 9th grade
4. Each MS student will have experienced at least 1 extra-curricular activity with a mentorship component prior to
5. 95% of 2017-18 9th grade co-hort will graduate on-time
6. HCS' ACT and SAT scores will be at the national average
7. 100% of schools will meet HCS safe & nurturing learning environment criteria
Instructional Leader Supports
Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment Website
Dr. Smith's Message- November 3, 2016
Coming soon !!!
Language Arts Walkthrough Look-fors
This is a MUST HAVE for anyone who is conducting a walkthrough in an elementary school classroom during the Language Arts block. Click below to access the Powerpoint. TIP= Download on your iPad and select "Add to Home Screen" for easy access as well!
INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES FROM DAN MULLIGAN (SUMMER 2016)
Dr. Smith's Message- October 6, 2016
Supt. Dr. Smith strongly urged building leaders to hold their staff accountable for high levels of learning by adhering to the HCS Curriculum. Think about these questions (slide 19) when in staff meetings, during one on one conversations, or when discussions are occurring in CLTs. Highlights from Dr. Smith's presentation are below as well as a link to the ppt.presentation.
Understanding how the The Superintendent's 8 supports the HCS Vision 2020 is key in achieving 100% accreditation!
|File Size:||147 kb|
2015 Summer Leadership Academy
Here's the powerpoint and the accompanying materials from Eric's SLA presentation "Getting It Done- Leading Academic Success in Unexpected Schools!" It is based on the Education Trust Research conducted by Karin Chenoweth
January 2015 HCS-ODU Cohort Class
Here's the powerpoint and materials/resources from the January 13, 2015 class presentation. I included the screen shot of the Iceberg model- feel free to post in your classroom or office as a reminder- "... if you really want to improve performance,the most effective way to do this is to start at the bottom- to improve thinking! Central to leadership is the ability to improve people's thinking."